Beef Nilaga is a classic Filipino soup dish that anyone can make and is best served during rainy and cold weather. This recipe is basically boiling beef until the meat is fork tender and adding vegetables.
- 2 pounds beef brisket, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium sized carrots, chopped crosswise
- 1 big potato, cubed
- 1 bok choy or pechay
- 1 tablespoon whole pepper corn
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce (patis)
- Saute onion until texture becomes soft
- Add in beef brisket and cook for about 5 minutes
- Add fish sauce and whole pepper corn then mix well
- Pour in water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 1 to 2 hours (or 30 minutes if using pressure cooker)
- Put in vegetables starting with potato and then carrots. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes
- Add bok choy. Cover pot and turn off heat. Let it stay for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Disclaimer: I am not a chef and neither am I a professional recipe developer. The recipes are taken from different sources and thought of sharing it. All images are taken by my husband.