Posted on Wednesday, 8 November 2017
Chicken Afritada is a popular Filipino-Spanish inspired dish cooked in a tomato based sauce along with carrots, potatoes and bell pepper.
- 1 ½ pound chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 small onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 medium baking potato, cut into cubes
- 1 medium carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 5 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 chicken cube
- 1 ½ cups water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Sauté garlic and onion
- Add chicken. Cook both sides until light brown.
- Add tomato sauce and water. Let it boil.
- Put dried bay leaves in a pot and then add chicken cube. Stir and cover. Cook between low to medium heat for 30 minutes or until chicken gets tender.
- Add carrot, bell peppers, and potato. Stir. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste. Stir and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Turn off heat. Serve.
Disclaimer: I am not a chef and neither am I a professional recipe developer. The recipes are taken from different sources and thought of sharing it. All images are taken by my husband.