Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
This creamy shrimp alfredo pasta is perfect for busy weeknights. It is super creamy and easy to make.
- 500 grams fettuccine pasta
- .50 kg large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup cheddar or parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup white wine
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped to garnish
- In a large pot bring water to a boil. Add pasta with 1 tablespoon salt and cook according to package instructions. Drain.
- Pat-dry the shrimp with paper towel. Season with salt, black pepper and paprika and stir.
- Place a medium, non-stick pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add the shrimp in single layer and cook for 2-3 minutes or just until cooked through and opaque. Remove the shrimp and set aside on a plate.
- On the same hot pan, melt butter. Once butter is melted, add onions and garlic and sauté until softened.
- Add white wine and stir. Let it boil until liquid has almost evaported.
- Add cream and stir. Bring to a boil then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheddar or parmesan cheese and stir just until creamy and smooth. Let it come just into a simmer without boiling.
- Turn off heat and season sauce with more salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
- Add shrimp and pasta to the sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle parsley to garnish.
Disclaimer: I am not a chef and neither am I a professional recipe developer. The recipes are taken from different sources and thought of sharing it. All images are taken by my husband.