Adobong tahong is another way of cooking mussels inadobo style. It is simple, good taste and easy to cook.
- 1 pound mussels, cleaned and shell removed
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons toasted garlic
- 4 pieces dried bay leaves
- ½ tablespoon whole peppercorn
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat cooking oil in a pan.
- Put in crushed garlic and whole peppercorn. Cook until the garlic turns light brown.
- Add mussels. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Put in bay leaves, add soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of toasted garlic. Let it boil. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour in vinegar. Let the liquid reboil. Stir and then cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with the remaining toasted garlic.
Disclaimer: I am not a chef and neither am I a professional recipe developer. The recipes are taken from different sources and thought of sharing it. All images are taken by my husband.