Asian Chicken Stir-Fry
This chicken stir-fry is perfect for busy weeknights. This involves cooking chicken in a pan with very high amount of heat for a short period of time.
- 1½ pounds boneless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- In a bowl, combine chicken, soy sauce,and lemon juice. Mix well and marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan, then sauté ginger, garlic, and onion.
- Add marinated chicken, and then stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put salt, ground black pepper, hoisin sauce and sesame oil and continue to stir-fry.
- Add red and green bell pepper, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Turn off heat. Transfer to a serving plate.
Disclaimer: I am not a chef and neither am I a professional recipe developer. The recipes are taken from different sources and thought of sharing it. All images are taken by my husband.