Insanely delicious and easy cashew chicken recipe that fit the Filipino palate. Thinly sliced chicken breast is coated with egg and cornstarch then stir fried until crispy and golden brown. This is best eaten with any kind of rice.
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into thin slices
- 1 piece onion, sliced
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 piece raw egg, beaten
- 1½ cups broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking rice wine
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ½ cup cashew nuts, roasted
- 1 cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- Beat the egg and pour over the chicken then mix well until properly distributed.
- Heat the pan and pour cooking oil.
- Dip the chicken (coated with egg) in cornstarch and stir-fry until the color of the chicken turns golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add some cooking oil and allow to heat up.
- Stir-fry onion, red bell pepper, and broccoli.
- Add cooking rice wine, soy sauce and oyster sauce then allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Add stir-fried chicken and cook for 2 minutes while mixing with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add cashew nuts,green onion, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Serve hot.
Disclaimer: I am not a chef and neither am I a professional recipe developer. The recipes are taken from different sources and thought of sharing it. All images are taken by my husband.