Posted on Friday, 3 November 2017
Chicken Asado is a special tomato sauce-based dish and one of the best bets of the province of Pampanga, Philippines. It is rich in potassium and taste really delicious, it is a combination of sweet, sour, and salty flavors.
- 2 pounds chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2 large potatoes, quartered
- 1 large onion, diced
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ cup of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 pieces dried bay leaves
- ¾ cup cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rub chicken with salt and pepper and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan then pour in cooking oil and pan-fry chicken. Set aside.
- Heat a cooking pot or wok then put in butter.
- When butter is hot enough, add onions and sauté until texture becomes soft.
- Add in bay leaves and cook for a minute.
- Pour in tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add soy sauce and lemon juice then stir to ensure that the mixture is properly distributed and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add pan-fried chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put in potatoes and continue to simmer for 7 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
Disclaimer: I am not a chef and neither am I a professional recipe developer. The recipes are taken from different sources and thought of sharing it. All images are taken by my husband.