Posted on Friday, 3 November 2017
Pork Giniling is a very basic and simple pork dish that makes use of ground pork as the primary ingredient. This recipe involves sautéing the ground pork and stewing in tomato sauce and water to bring out the taste while vegetables such as carrots and potatoes are added for additional flavor and nutrition.
- 1½ pounds ground pork
- 1 medium-sized onion, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1½ cups potatoes, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 piece pork cube (or beef cube)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat cooking pot and pour in cooking oil.
- When oil is hot enough, put in garlic and sauté until the color turns light brown.
- Add onions and sauté until texture becomes soft.
- Put in ground pork and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add pork or beef cube, tomato sauce, and water and let it boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Put carrots and potatoes in then stir until every ingredient is properly distributed. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add salt, ground black pepper, and sugar then stir.
- Turn off heat. Serve.
Disclaimer: I am not a chef and neither am I a professional recipe developer. The recipes are taken from different sources and thought of sharing it. All images are taken by my husband.